Question about MK2 tail fog lights????

General discussion for Scirocco owners
Tempest
AW: Question about MK2 tail fog lights????

Beitrag von Tempest »

What bulbs are the Sidelights that come on when the headlight switch is at the first "on" position on a UK spec Scirocco?
Front: The ones you've labelled City lights (Bentley calls them parking lights :grins: )
Rear: Euro Tail light
What bulbs are Dipped-beam headlights that come on at the second "on" position on a UK spec Scirocco? (I think the H4 lo)
Front: H4 Lo (my mainbeam reflector does not have the high beam bulb, it uses the separate H1 bulb in the adjacent light unit)
Rear: Euro Tail light

:-)

Tempest
My Mk1 Rocco, Rado and 928
Corrado Club of GB Events Manager
Tempest

Beitrag von Tempest »

warum ziehst Du Dir nicht einfach ne Strippe vom einen NSL rüber zum anderen ?
In English: Why not run a separate wire from the one rear fog light to the other one?

That´s exactly how it is done on my Storm, see pics :grins: See the grey-white wire for fog light juice. First pic is the right hand side cluster connector, 2nd picture is from the left hand side cluster, where the wire for the right-hand side rear fog light is simply branched off with a Scotch-lock connector.
100_0685.jpg
100_0685.jpg
Tempest
Dateianhänge
100_0683.jpg
Doug Teulie
Benutzer

Beitrag von Doug Teulie »

Tempest hat geschrieben:In English: Why not run a separate wire from the one rear fog light to the other one?

That´s exactly how it is done on my Storm, see pics :grins: See the grey-white wire for fog light juice. First pic is the right hand side cluster connector, 2nd picture is from the left hand side cluster, where the wire for the right-hand side rear fog light is simply branched off with a Scotch-lock connector.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48550[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48551[/ATTACH]

Tempest
Don't the L and R sides have different fuses? Not that you need your tail fogs to have two fuses....
Doug T (California USA)

76 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
80 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
87 MK2 Scirocco 1.8 16V
Bild
Bild
Bild
Tempest

Beitrag von Tempest »

Don't the L and R sides have different fuses? Not that you need your tail fogs to have two fuses....
Nope, as you can see from my wiring pics, both fogs run off the same grey-white wire.

Tempest
Doug Teulie
Benutzer

Beitrag von Doug Teulie »

This is how my car was setup before I added the extra wires.
My tail lights are split to different fuses. Perhaps that is for parking with the outside on only?? We don't have that feature.

Bild
Doug T (California USA)

76 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
80 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
87 MK2 Scirocco 1.8 16V
Bild
Bild
Bild
el loco rocco2124
Erfahrener Nutzer

Beitrag von el loco rocco2124 »

Dirk hat geschrieben:warum ziehst Du Dir nicht einfach ne Strippe vom einen NSL rüber zum anderen ?

ich habe meine beiden NSL getrennt angesteuert, aber das ist ne andere Geschichte :hihi:

Bild

Grüße
Dirk

dachte immer das man nur ein nebellicht hinten haben darf. aber da lag ich wohl falsch oder?einfach n kabel rüber legen und gut oder wie.
das lichtspiel is ja mal ne lustige sache!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87er gtx mit JH mit klima,automatik,ZV-Alarm,efh,esp,servo,Friedrich doppelrohr,60/40,ats cup
91er gt2, jh,jetzt mit 16er power,noch im umbau und wird und wird nicht fertig!!!!: Lebt jetzt mit nem ABF woanders
90er Audi 100 Avant Komfort Typ 44 , 5 Zylinder NF2 Fronti
91er Audi Kabriolet als Sommer Spielzeug, 5 Zylinder NG, Automatik, Leder, Klima usw
sanni
Erfahrener Nutzer

Beitrag von sanni »

Ist dafür der Nebelscheinwerferschalter im Innenraum? Hab mich schon immer gefragt was der soll weil ich doch garkeine Nebelscheinwerfer hab, also vorne.
Tempest

Beitrag von Tempest »

sanni hat geschrieben:Ist dafür der Nebelscheinwerferschalter im Innenraum? Hab mich schon immer gefragt was der soll weil ich doch garkeine Nebelscheinwerfer hab, also vorne.

Yes :-)

Tempest
Antworten