Old car learns a new trick.

General discussion for Scirocco owners
Antworten
Doug Teulie
Benutzer
Old car learns a new trick.

Beitrag von Doug Teulie »

The 2007 season is mathematically over with 4 races to go. It is not possible for the second place car to collect enough points to take the top spot held by a 1980 red MK1 Scirocco with a 9-0 score to date. It is now time to give the red MK1 a rest and develop the even older MK1 Scirocco for next year. The first race (stage 10) went well. I was not in the best health for race one due to a case of sever neck pain. To say the 76 has neck snapping acceleration is not too much of an exaggeration. The 76 did a great job of erasing time. The steering is fabulous. The transmission is great. All I need to do is upgrade the shocks and put race seats in and this car will drive it self. It is nice to see a project meet expectations. Oh yea the silver car is now 1-0 (the team is now 10-0 for the year).

Bild
Doug T (California USA)

76 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
80 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
87 MK2 Scirocco 1.8 16V
Bild
Bild
Bild
OSLer
Erfahrener Nutzer

Beitrag von OSLer »

:dance:

time to :drive: the others down, great to hear that the car is THAT good!
Good luck with perfecting the car.

greets Lars
Doug Teulie
Benutzer

OSLer hat geschrieben: :dance:

time to :drive: the others down, great to hear that the car is THAT good!
Good luck with perfecting the car.

greets Lars

I am thinking of making a new air dam for my 1976 Scirocco out of carbon fiber. Style is not the goal for this air dam but looks do count for something. I need traction and I need to prevent objects from getting in my engine bay from the underside. I want the air dam to be quickly removable so I can work on the car and trailer it. It must be light and very strong.

What do you think of this design proposal?

Bild
Doug T (California USA)

76 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
80 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
87 MK2 Scirocco 1.8 16V
Bild
Bild
Bild
OSLer
Erfahrener Nutzer

Beitrag von OSLer »

Doug Teulie hat geschrieben:
What do you think of this design proposal?

Bild

Reminds me of an Mazda RX7, model code FC3S. How about the front from the S model (should be that in the pic), but maybe that´s not low enough?

greets Lars
Dateianhänge
s-model.jpg
s-model.jpg (11.9 KiB) 4171 mal betrachtet
All Eyez on me
Sehr erfahrener Nutzer

Beitrag von All Eyez on me »

Hey Doug, your new Design looks very nice! I think it will be very cool in reality. :respekt:

Where the hell do you get those perfect Type 53 Rocco´s in the USA? Whenever I look at pictures of Sciroccos in the states....everytime there´s only perfect looking Sciroccos to see.

Do you think you can make a sketch like this from one of my sciroccos? Your pictures I´ve seen until now are all so damn great! :super:
Tempest
Beitrag von Tempest »

Congrats on your results so far, what more could you want? New car, new challenges, to wipe out the competition :thumb:

Looking forward to the 2008 season then :-)

Tempest
My Mk1 Rocco, Rado and 928
Corrado Club of GB Events Manager
Doug Teulie
Benutzer

Bild

I started working out the CAD model.
I need to do some additional surfacing to get the details correct. The CAD work is not proportioned yet (too short for my needs).
OSLer hat geschrieben:Reminds me of an Mazda RX7, model code FC3S. How about the front from the S model (should be that in the pic), but maybe that´s not low enough?
Lars
I will look up the Mazda. Thanks for the tip….
I like the “S” airdam and I am working on making that one too. I think that the “S” will work nice for most folks but as you say it is not as low as I want for this car.

QUOTE Dirk--- “Great Doug !!”

Thanks for your support Dirk. I am not sure if many will like my car with such an aggressive airdam on it but I intend to make it removable. I have so many details to work out so it may take over a year to build the final version.
All Eyez on me hat geschrieben:…..! I think it will be very cool in reality. :respekt:

Where the hell do you get those perfect Type 53 Rocco´s in the USA? Whenever I look at pictures of Sciroccos in the states....everytime there´s only perfect looking Sciroccos to see.

Do you think you can make a sketch like this from one of my sciroccos? Your pictures I´ve seen until now are all so damn great! :super:
Hello MR. All Eyez on me,

We do not have many 53s in the US. I have seen the 53 cars in Germany and I know that you have more nice cars than we have. The main difference is that your cars are concentrated into a smaller space. The US is very large and it looks like we have many great cars but if you look at the US as 50 different countries the number of Sciroccos in each country (state) is very small. In California the cars suffer from sun damage. On the East Coast the cars suffer from rust. Most of the cars in the US are driven by people that do not have much money and they can not fix them properly. As far as my cars go, I have been very lucky. I have spent many years building them in addition to having the good fortune to have found good cars to work with. I have owned 9 Sciroccos but I only have 3 at this time.

I can draw your car but I must know the one you want me to draw. You have many 53s! Very many nice cars.
Tempest hat geschrieben:Congrats on your results so far, what more could you want? New car, new challenges, to wipe out the competition :thumb:
Looking forward to the 2008 season then :-)
Tempest
To answer this question in a few words… I have many wants. One is to live in Germany so I can see you folks more often.

Yes 2008 will be very fun with the two quick cars and many projects. Now I can try new things and see how they work by racing both cars.
Doug T (California USA)

76 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
80 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
87 MK2 Scirocco 1.8 16V
Bild
Bild
Bild
All Eyez on me
Sehr erfahrener Nutzer

Hi Doug,

yes this is sure.....looking at the whole states there may be a very small number of 53´s. But I see you really love your cars in the states....when you have money to make them something special, we see it will be a great condition. :-)

I will feel honoured when you really will draw one of my 53´s. This is one picture of of the front & the back of my "Daywalker" my favourite Scirocco...what you do with it and how long it takes....that´s your thing. I have trust in your talent! :-)

[img=http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8006/robbysbaby18pl3.th.jpg]

[img=http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3880/phto02237rw5.th.jpg]

:danke2: for doing this for me! :-)
Doug Teulie
Benutzer

All Eyez on me hat geschrieben: I will feel honoured when you really will draw one of my 53´s. This is one picture of of the front & the back of my "Daywalker" my favourite Scirocco...what you do with it and how long it takes....that´s your thing. I have trust in your talent! :-)
:danke2: for doing this for me! :-)

Hi Mr All eyes...
I am still working on your drawing.
This is a quick look.

Bild
Doug T (California USA)

76 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
80 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
87 MK2 Scirocco 1.8 16V
Bild
Bild
Bild
All Eyez on me
Sehr erfahrener Nutzer

Hey....looks cool. You gave my Rocco an newer modern look. Nice... :-)

But can I see a little bit of Corrado there (it looks so)? :lupe: :hihi:

:danke2:
Antworten