My Poor Corrado VR6

General discussion for Scirocco owners
2cc
Neuer Benutzer

My Poor Corrado VR6

Beitrag von 2cc »

Hallo Alle in Deutschland

I would have posted this in the Corrado section but I do not know enough German yet to write it.

Some of you will know already that on the 10th of May I crashed my Corrado at the Nürburgring, along with Tempest unfortunately.

It seems a long time ago now, and I am sorry that I have not posted about this before now, but I had a few things to sort out when I got home. And then my internet connection crashed and took ages to get working again; but now it is OK. I'm sure you will forgive me.

I have to say a bit thank you to everybody who helped me collect the wreckage and get me back on the road again afterwards. And to Lars in particular, I just don't know what I would have done without you.

And many thanks also to everyone back at Boekel for their support and good wishes when we limped back onto the campsite.

For those who have not seen her, here are 2 pictures of the crash. I took the engine out before she went for repair, and here are 2 pictures of her coming home from the bodyshop. I am very pleased she is looking good. Now I will have to spend some time rebuilding her.

Veilen Danke Alle

Schöne Grüße

Chris
Dateianhänge
Picture0004.jpg
Picture0004.jpg (67.24 KiB) 2002 mal betrachtet
Picture0003.jpg
Picture0003.jpg (69.77 KiB) 2005 mal betrachtet
Picture0002.jpg
Picture0002.jpg (75.88 KiB) 2008 mal betrachtet
Picture0001.jpg
Picture0001.jpg (83.45 KiB) 2003 mal betrachtet
Chris
\'90 Dark Burgundy Pearl 1.8ltr 16v Corrado
\'90 Grey 1.8ltr 16v Corrado
\'95 Ice Grey Violet 2ltr 16v Corrado (mit a/c)
\'95 Classic Green Pearl VR6 Corrado
CCGB#1264

I couldn\'t repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder
Doug Teulie
Benutzer
Beitrag von Doug Teulie »

2cc hat geschrieben:Hallo Alle in Deutschland

I would have posted this in the Corrado section but I do not know enough German yet to write it.

Some of you will know already that on the 10th of May I crashed my Corrado at the Nürburgring, along with Tempest unfortunately.

It seems a long time ago now, and I am sorry that I have not posted about this before now, but I had a few things to sort out when I got home. And then my internet connection crashed and took ages to get working again; but now it is OK. I'm sure you will forgive me.

I have to say a bit thank you to everybody who helped me collect the wreckage and get me back on the road again afterwards. And to Lars in particular, I just don't know what I would have done without you.

And many thanks also to everyone back at Boekel for their support and good wishes when we limped back onto the campsite.

For those who have not seen her, here are 2 pictures of the crash. I took the engine out before she went for repair, and here are 2 pictures of her coming home from the bodyshop. I am very pleased she is looking good. Now I will have to spend some time rebuilding her.

Veilen Danke Alle

Schöne Grüße

Chris
Hi Chris,

I am glad it is back home!
Best wishes on the assembly.
Doug T (California USA)

76 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
80 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
87 MK2 Scirocco 1.8 16V
Bild
Bild
Bild
quietwhisper
Benutzer

Beitrag von quietwhisper »

best of luck my friend.. I hope that you'll be able to join us in Hohenroda - it wont be the same without you...
Tempest
Beitrag von Tempest »

Looking good. Have fun rebuilding, that is once Yan's GT6 is out of the way in your garage ;-)

Tempest
My Mk1 Rocco, Rado and 928
Corrado Club of GB Events Manager
2cc
Neuer Benutzer

Beitrag von 2cc »

Thanks for the support and encouragement chaps. Unfortunately Hohenrodatreffen is looking unlikely at the moment - I am having a crisis trying to get time off work :bang:

Ah yes the GT6. Pics of it cluttering up my garage, lol.
Dateianhänge
Picture0003.jpg
Picture0003.jpg (63.81 KiB) 2004 mal betrachtet
Picture0002.jpg
Picture0002.jpg (54.14 KiB) 2002 mal betrachtet
Chris
CCGB#1264

OSLer
Erfahrener Nutzer

Beitrag von OSLer »

So it´ll be back on track, great to see it fixed! :super:
And best of luck getting time off work!!!!

greets Lars
GTII Marcus
Erfahrener Nutzer
Beitrag von GTII Marcus »

Hey,

@Chris: First things first: Thank god that nothing happened to you mate ! Looks like you're Corrado is coming to life again. The Corrado looks pretty good again on the pictures. Was it possible to get her from the Netherlands to GB without any problems ?

cheers

Marcus
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All boys are interested in cars. Most of them grow out of it. Some don’t. They're the car designers...

'90 GTII JH-Töter, LA5U original 1,6L 72PS
'83 GTS Projekt
2cc
Neuer Benutzer

Beitrag von 2cc »

Thanks again Lars, I owe you.

Marcus, cheers buddy. No problems getting her home after Lars and the gang helped me get the front bumper off and then bolted the brackets back in to hold the front together. And Ulf checked her over in his garage and said she was OK to drive.

Just heard from Yan. It looks like he will not be able to visit me next week to rebuild the GT6 so I shall have to move it so that I can get on with rebuilding the 'Rado.
Chris
CCGB#1264

Rocco-GT2
Erfahrener Nutzer

Beitrag von Rocco-GT2 »

Now your Rado looks much better again! Have much fun rebuilding it complete!...
Gruß Robert :wink:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Umbaustory auf 1,8T GT28 RS

1992er Scirocco GT2 1,8T-GT28RS --> Tuningobjekt und ganz schön schnell... :cop:
2004er Audi S4 Cabrio 4,2l -> Alltagsfahrzeug mit ICOM JTG Autogas Anlage
Tempest
Beitrag von Tempest »

It looks like he will not be able to visit me next week to rebuild the GT6 so I shall have to move it so that I can get on with rebuilding the 'Rado.
B*ll*cks.

Must send Ulf an email re: Poly bushes for my Corrado.

Tempest
My Mk1 Rocco, Rado and 928
Corrado Club of GB Events Manager
Antworten