Hello all, new to this forum

General discussion for Scirocco owners
quietwhisper
Benutzer

Beitrag von quietwhisper »

Im registered on few english forums using this software, so Im doing most things from memmory ;)

good luck with the upgrade - I liked the old 'raw' style, but now its more user friendly - good work! :) :)
Tempest
Beitrag von Tempest »

I liked the old 'raw' style,
Well, yes, that's an often heard comment on the German side. The old forum certainly was, felt and looked different to pretty much any other forum on the net. But, the old one was bursting at the seams, required loads, and I mean loads of programming effort by Rolf to keep it going, to add new features, etc., leaving Rolf with very little spare time, if any.

New forum software such as VBulletin (as used here), phpBB and whatnot all have a lot of features that Rolf had to handcode into the old forum software, already as standard, has superior security features.

Hey, our Roccos haven't changed, and neither have their owners :grins: That's the main thing.

Getting scared now: My Mk1's going in Friday for its MOT :erschrecken: The annual exam remains a challenge despite me having spent time underneath checking everything. Biggest scary point is when the tester has to drive the Mk1 off the premises armed with a decelerometer to test the brakes, because it won't go on the rollers (too low), and I'm always glad to see my Mk1 arrive back in 1 piece again. No more free retest within 2 weeks either, should anything fail. :o fftopic: :sorry:

Tempest
My Mk1 Rocco, Rado and 928
Corrado Club of GB Events Manager
quietwhisper
Benutzer

just spotted this: "Registriert seit: 01.01.1970" - I must be one of the oldest users registered here.. :lol:

good luck with your MOT :) ps. why there is no retest..?
Tempest
Beitrag von Tempest »

why there is no retest..?
No FREE retest. See here: http://http://www.ukmot.com/MOT_prices.asp

"Retest Re-Examinations
• If the vehicle stays at the test station which failed the vehicle, to be repaired
No Additional Fee (Partial Re- Examination)

• If the vehicle is brought back to the same test station and retested before the end of the next working day on one or more of the following items only:"

I still remember times when you got a free retest within 2 weeks, and there were no limitations on the category of fault either.

Tempest
quietwhisper
Benutzer

what a ......... another rip off - isn't it against the law? I shouldn't be forced to do repairs in one station
Tempest
Beitrag von Tempest »

quietwhisper hat geschrieben:what a ......... another rip off - isn't it against the law? I shouldn't be forced to do repairs in one station
The law aka the government introduced this rule, no doubt after some interesting consultations with garage owners :kotz:

The same government also increased the MOT fee from £42 to £51 :erstaunt:

Just hope I can my Mk1 to and from the MOT station dry, because Mk1s don't like damp in wheelarches. Then there's the testdrive because my Mk1 won't go onto the brake test rollers. the test drive is where I'm not allowed to join nearly always causes me to get a heart attack :erschrecken: I just hate someone else (i.e. non-Rocco aficionado) driving my Mk1!

Enough rant ... :sorry:

Tempest
Antworten