Hello, I'm new here

General discussion for Scirocco owners
Mickey Marrows
Neuer Benutzer
Hello, I'm new here

Beitrag von Mickey Marrows »

Just thought I'd say hello as I've just signed on after a recommendation from Mr Brown on the Edition38 forum.

Some of you may already know me, or my cars.

Tempest.. Hello Eric, long time no speak! I no longer have your contact details! email me.

Anyway, Hello everyone
73 Scirocco TS wreck (Ibiza red)
76 Scirocco GLS 16v (peal metallic)
77 Scirocco G60 (laguna blue)
90 Passat 16v
68 Sand Rail
uk81gti
Benutzer

Re: Hello, I'm new here

Beitrag von uk81gti »

hello! mr brown roccomended here? :-/ i wasn't even aware he was on here, unless you are fluent in german this has to be the quietest scirocco forum in the world!

anyway, allow me to introduce myself, i am craig and live in the north of England, always been a bit of a purist until recentley when i have embarked on a 20vt, essentially i am a mk1 person, i have 3,
my pride and joy gti:
Bild
a 77gls, completed restoring last summer for my other half.
Bild
and the soon(loosely said) to be 20vt
Bild
and i have my winter ride which is a mk2 gtx!

as for you well, your rep precedes you B-) nice g60! i have often wondered if you where a man city fan, painting it that colour an all but wicked wicked car, heard lots of tales about how fast it is and how much mk1 stuff you have locked away ;-) (how much is true :-/ ? )

good to have the chance to say hello to you and excuse my over the top intro but i got a bit excited on saying hallo to the man himself :prost:
Rolf

Beitrag von Rolf »

>this has to be the quietest scirocco forum in the world!

Sadly, yes. But if you have ideas how to change this, please let me know! I'm not a native speaker for english but I try hard :-) . So it was much easier to create the german part. After some questions for letting people from all other languages in, I decided to create the english spoken part.

Ok, the commercials are in german but this shouldn't disturb - it's only a commercial :-) .

Rolf
Mickey Marrows
Neuer Benutzer

Hello again,

Where abouts up north are you? I may live on the south coast but I'm a northerner by blood.

Love your cars. Your GLS is just like mine, there must have been thousands of Pearl Metallic GLS on the road in 76! they seem to be the most common. I've owned two myself!
Where did you get yours from?

Mines sat in the barn awaiting restoration, I'll probably change the colour as there seems to be plenty of Pearl Metallics about.

Its nice to come on a quiet forum, running our Edition38 forum is like a full time job!

P.S
I hate football so no it ain't anything to do with Man city, I just love Laguna Blue...
90 Passat 16v
68 Sand Rail
Tempest

Beitrag von Tempest »

Hi, yes, looooong time no speak.

Funny that, as when Mr Brown had posted those scanned in articles of past VW mags featuring Roccos, I actually duplicated the lot on this forum (German side), and commented on the blue G60 Mk1, stating that I knew the owner and then realised how long it was since we caught up.

Good to hear you're still around, hadn't realised you're actually more on the Ed38 forum (which TBH is just one more Rocco-section-forum for me too many, as I now also visit 2 Rado forums, so I'm somewhat suffering from Forum-overkill :hihi: - would be nice to just have 1 Roccoforum, best an international one like this one of course :-) instead of the 4 that we have in the UK :-( ).

To get my email address just look in my profile here: Click on my name in the top of my posting, replace the (at) with the usual symbol and away you go.

Would like to meet up again at a show. Might even be going to Ed38 this year, albeit in my Rado (as I am more or less the CCGB's event manager, subject to rubberstamping at this year's AGM elections). What shows are you planning on going to? First one for me is in less than 2 weeks, Ultimate VW at the Telford Exhibiton Centre :-) 2 Clubstands booked there, 8 Rados on them.

>this has to be the quietest scirocco forum in the world!

We can change that ;-)

Tempest

Post Edited (02-22-06 10:35)
My Mk1 Rocco, Rado and 928
Corrado Club of GB Events Manager
Mickey Marrows
Neuer Benutzer

Hello again again,

Yes its been a long long time. I did have a little time off 'the scene' due illness but I'm always on Edition38 (well I did start it)
Was driving my 76 scirocco until last year when I decided it needed some love and attention, which is what it will get when the blue car is back on the road.

Maybe you can help me on that front Eric, I need a 'good' exhaust manifold for the new G60 lump (all 300bhp of it) and its not possible to get one big enough in the UK (41mm primaries max). AME Tuning in berlin (who also have a 300bhp mk1 G60) sell a manifold made by Tezet. Unfortunatly AME don't respond to email and I can't speak german so I need to find out a)will it fit RHD? b)what diameter are the primaries and c) would they ship to england. Maybe someone on the german side could answer these questions?
I was going to buy one from TT in the USA but at the last minute they questioned if it could fit a RHD car. If I shipped it over and it didn't fit then tough.... :(
90 Passat 16v
68 Sand Rail
Tempest

Beitrag von Tempest »

Tezet is Swiss, I believe, and there are a few folks on the German side, who've dealt with them in the past getting manifolds for their Roccos (not G60s though, but I'll post up, and get back here.)

BTW: Can I convince you to join in to Roadstar over in Boekel (the Netherlands) this year? Craig aka ukgti81 went last year, a few Rocco-nutters from the UK will be going this year (Mr Brown, DFunk to name a few). Best place to see the EUs finest Roccos :-)

Tempest

Post Edited (02-22-06 18:44)
uk81gti
Benutzer

Beitrag von uk81gti »

hello,
i am from kendal and live a few miles outside in the sticks of the lake district the 77gls came from deep in the lakes at cockermouth it had 54k fvwsh but it had sat in a garage for over 20 years due to the owner dying. the owner bought it new with the reg number UHU1 as i have all the receipts but needless to say it was taken off a few years after he died.
it started as a 'just get it on the road' and ended up being a full resto.
i restored it for my other half as she was putting a lot of miles on my gti and i needed to get her out of it :-) )

there is definately alot of pearl met cars tho, for sure.

as for the quietest forum in the world, harsh but true. i am not trying to discredit the forum in anyway, i am here and i like it, i sometimes look thru the german side and look at the pictures ;-) but my german is very very poor i'm afraid, but it will have to change when i come to needing my berg cup type bodykit :-) )
but we have allways got the multilingual tempest on hand for help ;-) .
Mickey Marrows
Neuer Benutzer

Eric, I'm an idiot. Been away from Mk1's too long. The is no reason why the Tezet wouldn't fit a RHD car. I was thinking of A2 cars where the downpipe goes over the rack! Mk1s go under.
I have no ARB and no shifter either so there's plenty of room!
Just need to find the diameter of the primary tubes and someone who'll sell me one!
Craig, hmm my second pearl metallic GLS was bought from the midlands where it had been parked in a garage for twenty years after the owner had died! that car was Ziebarted from new. You can imagine the condition. I sold it straight on to an 'enthusiast' who I believe broke it!
I used to live up there, askham in furness, worked in ulverston. You didn't used to have a green mk2 G60 did you?
90 Passat 16v
68 Sand Rail
Tempest

Beitrag von Tempest »

@ Mickey: That's fine then, as I've had no response yet on the German side. I'll bump the thread, and if no response arrives then I'll try and dig out Tezet's details in Switzerland for you to contact them (using me if needed).

As far as your observation on A1 platforms and manifolds are concerned: With Supersprint I have been told by TSR (when I last year bought a 4-2-1 branch manifold from them for my RHD Mk2 Storm Rocco) that they are made for LHD cars. OK, so when I fitted mine, I noticed why this statement is true: The manifold comes frighteningly close to the steering rack/steering gearbox, but at least it doesn't touch, so a bit of heat-reflective matting later, and the rubber boot around the steering gearbox should be safe again.

Tempest
Antworten