PLANNING THE KARMANN VISIT 17th-20th of AUGUST - (was: Retro Cars 02/2006)

General discussion for Scirocco owners
Tempest
Re: PLANNING THE KARMANN VISIT 17th-20th of AUGUST - (was: Retro Cars 02/2006)

Beitrag von Tempest »

In a wee bit of a bad mood, as my Corrado just failed the MOT (English TÜV), and in my opnion a bit far-fetched: brake line front right too corroded, brake hose rear left (there are 2 per side at the rear, the one to the calipers I had already replaced last year with braided ones, when I replaced the calipers with Golf Mk4 units) ferrule too corroded :wuetend: Didn't think any of the above parts looked too bad during my own checks (otherwise I'd have replaced them), but you can't bl**dy argue with these testers :wuetend:

OK, quick look underneath the bonnet, then a quick look at my timetable (at work till Wednesday next week, weekend gone with a show) - erm, nope, can't do this myself in time, so will have to pay a whopping £140 for the garage monkeys to do the repairs, and probably not to my standards (as usually I tend to rip everything out and redo work again with better parts). Had it been on one of my Roccos, I'd have done it, as there's just not enough space in the G60 engine bay compared to my Roccos to get jobs done quickly. Mind you, I don't have a brake line bending and flaring kit :verlegen: No upgrades for my C then, out of budget :-(

@ Dirk:
>So very unfortunately the Nordschleife-Event & the nice Pitzen Hotel that I initiated is a no go for me.

:cry:

>The british Hooligans shouldn't damage the Hotel, as I still would like to go there in the future

:kopfhaue:

"'ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go, Engeland, Engeland, Engeland!" :bier: :kotz: :hihi:

We're gonna take that hotel apart brick by brick. lower it, put some proper coil-overs onto it, erm, ... getting confused here methinks :hihi:

First of all: I'm not British.
Secondly: We're not a bunch of Saxo/Corsa/Pug 106 boyracers :-)

>They're all nasty Corrado-drivers...
:kopfhaue:

Says he, who once had such a Mk3 Rocco, and eagerly defended it on this very forum, tsts. :hihi:

>They're all
BTW: I'll take that personally, you calling a Mk1 Rocco a Corrado, as one of us will have a Mk1 Storm with him. :hihi:

>nasty
Oh yesssss, I like a bit of nastiness :hihi:

> 470 km ),
Piece of cake, mate.

>So I could at least meet you guys in person
Cool :bier:

Guess you want the usual from the UK?

>I will take the Hornstein in case the weather will be excellent during the weekend, and take the Coupé in case there are clouds in the skies.

I'll be taking the Mk3 Rocco irrespectively of what the weather is going to be like. :zunge: :hihi: Need to get the new brake lines corroded again asap by driving in the rain :kotz: Topical, I know.

>On the brighter side, the CEO accepted my wish to take 2 days off work on 24th/25th of August to visit the IROC presentation in Berlin.

Jolly good!! :grins:

Oh, and nice shiny bits underneath the bonnet :super:

Tempest

Post Edited (08-08-06 12:57)
My Mk1 Rocco, Rado and 928
Corrado Club of GB Events Manager
Tempest

Beitrag von Tempest »

>a Corrado looks more like a Mk1 Sciroco than a Mk2.

Well, yes, it does, which is why I have always had a weak spot for one, if they wouldn't break so often :kotz: Mind you, mine seems to have had a rough time, most likely whilst in the States (super salty and snowy roads during winter etc.), so I'll keep on being forgiving to the thing.

>I have to transport a very big cardbox with a A/C condensator for someone ,

Really? Interesting, tell me more, as I need one :lol:

>err coud you imagine who that is

No idea, do tell :lol: Wouldn't be some dodgy character from that island they sometimes refer to as Engeland? *sings football anthems again* :hihi:

>well, it seems that you did not get me right here,
My statement was meant cynically, don't worry. Still a piece of cake, so get a move on :hihi:

>S&V for sure

:kotz: :hihi:

>yes, but none of the german folks noticed it so far

Well, you do know that we currently again seem to have a very active original-brigade on the German side :cop: , who probably don't take very well to those sort of mods. It's getting a bit like that over here in the UK, shiny bits are regarded by some as overkill :gruebel:

Tempest
OSLer
Erfahrener Nutzer

Beitrag von OSLer »

To take the part of Dirk i´ll need some more information about your travel and time schedule, i think. :verlegen:

greets Lars
Tempest

Beitrag von Tempest »

>To take the part of Dirk i´ll need some more information about your travel and time schedule, i think.

Good point:

My GB bunch is looking at arriving on Thursday at Hotel Pitzen (provided we can find it :lol: ) between 14:30 and 15:30 (approx. 2 hour drive from Kerkrade in the NL, where we've been staying the night before), and have to check out no later than 12:00. We might still be a bit tired, as we'll have arrived at the hotel in Kerkrade on Thursday morning at 2 am, having driven through the night from Hoek van Holland.

Doug and Kathie should already be there on Thursday, as they're also staying the night before, i.e. Wednesday night.

Tempest
Doug Teulie
Benutzer

Beitrag von Doug Teulie »

@Lars and Tempest
"""To take the part of Dirk i´ll need some more information about your travel and time schedule."""

Lars,
We do not have your E-Mail. We are glad that you are joining us. (All Scirocco 1,2 and 3 drivers are welcome even with plastic fenders in my book) We are staying Wednesday night at the ring. The ring meeting place is in question at this point. We will be at the ring area most of the day but with no way to contact you. I think Kathy is getting a EU phone???

Mmmm
Tempest or Dirk can you send Lars the detailed document that Kathy sent you? You know our travel and time schedule. Thanks I hope.
Doug T (California USA)

76 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
80 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
87 MK2 Scirocco 1.8 16V
Bild
Bild
Bild
Doug Teulie
Benutzer

WOW Dirk that was fast!
Doug T (California USA)

76 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
80 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
87 MK2 Scirocco 1.8 16V
Bild
Bild
Bild
OSLer
Erfahrener Nutzer

Beitrag von OSLer »

Schedule is already in my mailbox, will study it at work, have to go now.
Thanks Dirk.

greets Lars
Doug Teulie
Benutzer

Wow you are great!

""""I think Kathy is getting a EU phone???"""""

Kathy has a phone card not a phone. We can call you if we get your number. Keep in mind that we are lost in the "old world."
Doug T (California USA)

76 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
80 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
87 MK2 Scirocco 1.8 16V
Bild
Bild
Bild
Doug Teulie
Benutzer

(Tempest)"""Can bring some of that along, if you want. Had a chat with Jim, who'll be one of the 8 joining from the UK, and we'll get some of the nicer stuff""""

@Tempest--->
You do not need to bring much extra. I will be so confused in the old world with all the German spoken. I will need to convert data just to keep up. Even UK English is so different than Cali slag. German beer is OK for me too. One thing I am looking for is a 4 speed trans..... Ask about the details at the meet not on line.
Doug T (California USA)

76 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
80 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
87 MK2 Scirocco 1.8 16V
Bild
Bild
Bild
Doug Teulie
Benutzer

@Dirk

Did the Corel files work on your computer???????? :kaffee:
Just checking??????

Post Edited (08-09-06 08:56)
Doug T (California USA)

76 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
80 MK1 Scirocco 1.8 S8V
87 MK2 Scirocco 1.8 16V
Bild
Bild
Bild