8V vs 16V durability

General discussion for Scirocco owners
Antworten
Tempest
Re: 8V vs 16V durability

Beitrag von Tempest »

Strictly speaking both are based on the same block, the head being the major difference.

Having said that, when looking at the G60 8V block, that has been given a reinforced crankshaft and some other bits.

The G60 8V engine has a standard power output of 160 hp at the flywheel.

HTH,

Tempest
My Mk1 Rocco, Rado and 928
Corrado Club of GB Events Manager
Tempest

Beitrag von Tempest »

The G60 engine, also known by its engine code "PG", was used in the G60 Corrado as well as the G60 Golfs.

Its internals have been reinforced to cope with the extra power as delivered through the use of the G-Lader, i.e. standard power output at flywheel of 160 hp. This engine can happily go above 200 hp without any modifications to its internals.

Your 90 hp engine would seem to be a "normal" block (what engine code is it?), that should be able to cope with up to 140 hp (similar to the 16V KR engine).

Tempest
rjvattr
Neuer Benutzer

Beitrag von rjvattr »

Does anyone know a sight where I can get my 1986 Karman GTS Scirocco's engine code information on what type of engine I have as well a refference map to all the fuses and relays???

Help ans thanks to all Rocco lover's "PEACE"

RJ
RJ
Tempest

Beitrag von Tempest »

>map to all the fuses and relays

The site that springs to mind is in German, but might be of some use: http://www.vwhelp.de/rocco/elektrik/relais.htm

Other than that I would recommend the Bentley manual http://www.bentleypublishers.com (available chepare on Amazon et al), not available on-line, but nevertheless a very good book on the Rocco, engines, electrical aspects, wiring diagrams etc.

Tempest

Post Edited (11-12-05 16:03)
Antworten