Re-Designing the IROC

General discussion for Scirocco owners
Antworten
GTII Marcus
Erfahrener Nutzer
Re-Designing the IROC

Beitrag von GTII Marcus »

Hey guys !

Acoording to Doug's new sketches for a new Scirocco, I was thinking about doing some design-work as well over my summer holidays.

I really like the idea of the IROC concept, I think it is very brave for VDub and it points into the right direction in terms of a new, brave design-language at VDub. But the problem I see with the IROC is, that it is not a Scirocco. First of all, it looks like hatchback, not like a coupe. I just wanted to combine the IROC idea with the original elements of the first Scirocco, the italian feeling, the long bonnet, the nice line from the door up to the c-pillar and of course the strong big c-pillar itself. I also included the central line of the MK II which starts at the indicator at the front and ends at the rear light.

I want to give the new Scirocco a new, modern an brave look but I want people to see, that it's a Scirocco and not a Golf-coupe. I want the viewer to see where this car came from and where are it's roots.

To cut a long story short, here arre the pics ;-) :

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

I already posted these pics to the german version of this forum and looks like that there is still some work to do to the front elevation. I will do some quick sketches this week, I hope.

So guys, what's your opinion ?

cheers and take care !

Marcus
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All boys are interested in cars. Most of them grow out of it. Some don’t. They're the car designers...

'90 GTII JH-Töter, LA5U original 1,6L 72PS
'83 GTS Projekt
sciroccokartei
Erfahrener Nutzer
Iroc

Beitrag von sciroccokartei »

Nice pictures and excellent drawing.

I habe sent you an direct Mail!
Gruß Gregor
Löschung der Kartei im Jahr 2018 - zuletzt 3572 Fahrzeuge eingetragen
Antworten