help!

General discussion for Scirocco owners
Antworten
avh48
Neuer Benutzer

help!

Beitrag von avh48 »

I have a scirocco 16v, and my question is that wher does this rubber tube goes connected and whats is it´s function?
avh48
Neuer Benutzer

Re: help!

Beitrag von avh48 »

this one
avh48
Neuer Benutzer

Beitrag von avh48 »

The red one, is not in my car, and I want to put it back...help me, thanks!
Tempest

Beitrag von Tempest »

If I've understood you correctly you are referring to the rubber duct that is located between the fuel mixture control unit (that big thing, that sits on top of the air filter box) and the throttle body (located on the right hand side of the intake manifold on 16V Roccos, when standing in front of the engine bay).

That duct allows the air to flow from the air filter box past a venturi disk and then past the throttle valve to the intake manifold. On K-Jetronic engines like the 16V the air is measured by the venturi disk located in the fuel mixture control unit, which in turn adjusts the amount of fuel that is injected into the cylinders.

If you disconnect this rubber duct, the engine will stall immediately, as you're starving it of fuel. Duct disconnected = venturi disk drops down = no fuel is injected = engine stalls.

This duct has to be airtight at both ends as well as have no leaks inbetween, as both could lead to your engine running lean, as any air getting through leaks is not measured by the venturi disk, and hence no extra fuel is injected.

HTH,

Tempest
My Mk1 Rocco, Rado and 928
Corrado Club of GB Events Manager
Antworten